Hi, I'm Julian Hinz.I am an empirical economist studying issues in international economics, most often related to economic integration and disintegration. I am fond of unconventional, often big data, as well as the econometrics needed to work with such data. I work on topics related to sanctions, trade costs, migration, and political economy, and develop tools for the estimation of models with high-dimensional fixed effects.
- Exchange Rate Pass-Around — with Matthieu Crozet and Federico Trionfetti. Kiel Working Papers, 2246.
- Blowback: The Effect of Sanctions on Democratic Election — with Matthieu Crozet. Kiel Working Papers, 2247.
- To Russia with Love? The Impact of Sanctions on Regime Support — with Robert Gold and Michele Valsecchi. Kiel Working Papers, 2212.
- Brothers in arms: The value of coalitions in sanctions regimes — with Sonali Chowdhry, Katrin Kamin and Joschka Wanner. Revise and resubmit at Economic Policy.
- Sanctions coalitions: Stronger together — with Sonali Chowdhry, Katrin Kamin and Joschka Wanner. VoxEU.
Faculty of Business Administration and Economics
33615 Bielefeld, Germany
Kiel Institute for the World Economy
24105 Kiel, Germany
Last updated on May 20, 2023. © Julian Hinz 1987–2023.